Lollapalooza is more than just a music festival. Taking place each year in historic Grant Park, Lolla is a three-day cultural experience that takes place on 115 acres between Downtown Chicago and Lake Michigan.
Connect with us for the latest announcements!
Staying In Chicago
Coming in from out of town and need your Passes AND a place to stay?
We offer Official Travel Packages with GA, VIP or Platinum Passes so that you secure your 3-Day Passes and a stay at a nearby hotel in one sitting! Not only that, when you purchase an Official Travel Package, you’ll receive specialty merchandise.
Check back for Travel Packages.
Getting To The Park
Where to Enter Lollapalooza
Grant Park in downtown Chicago is the annual host of Lollapalooza. There’s a Main Entrance to Lolla at Michigan & Congress, in addition to the North Entrance at Columbus & Monroe.
Festival Gates & Hours
Gates for Lollapalooza will open at 11AM CST and the music will end at 10PM CST.
CTA, Metra and Pace – all in one place! Plan your Lollapalooza trip today using the RTA‘s trip planner goroo.com with real-time travel information. Then tell us who you’re seeing and how you’re getting there using transit on our Facebook Page!
The Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) has got you covered. With train and bus routes to Grant Park, throughout the city and to both major airports, CTA is clearly the way. Map out your route on CTA or click here to buy a CTA Visitor Pass (the best value!).
Traveling from the suburbs? Metra’s commuter rail system makes it easy. Click here for the scoop on riding Metra to and from Lolla and to see a map of nearby Metra stations.
Ride Your Bike
Check back for details on bike parking and maintenance.
Rent A Bike
Avoid traffic hassles, and choose a healthy, eco-friendly way of getting to and from the Festival or tour Chicago and enjoy its 30+ miles of lakefront paths and 77 different neighborhoods. Click here for more information.
Convenient and security patrolled 24-hour parking is available directly beneath Grant Park in four underground garages as well as Soldier Field’s North Garage.
Reserve discounted parking in advance and locate other parking options by visiting SpotHero’s Lollapalooza Parking Page.
TaxisGrab a cab and get dropped off on Michigan Avenue at Congress. Then head over to the Box Office and into Lollapalooza.
Lockers or Storage Info
Stay tuned for details on lockers and storage.
Lost & Found
Lost something? These things happen. Lollapalooza will help you get connected with your lost items. If you find something during the show, earn some karma points and turn it in at an information booth.
Be A Lollapalooza Vendor
The vending application deadlines have passed. Visit http://www.lollapalooza.com/festival/ for updates or check back next March for the 2015 applications.
Allowed & Prohibited Items
Guests and their belongings are subject to search upon entry or re-entry. You can help keep the lines moving quickly by leaving large bags at home.
The following items are ALLOWED* at Lollapalooza:
- Blankets, Sheets, Towels
- Umbrellas (ONLY Hand-Held)
- Soft-Sided Coolers
- Baby Strollers
- Two Factory-Sealed Water Bottles (up to 1 Liter each)
- Empty CamelBak or CamelBak water bottles, Other Empty Plastic Container, etc.
- Non-Professional Recording Equipment and Cameras for Personal Use (Point & Shoot Cameras, Flip Video Cameras, GoPros, etc.). Professional attachments not accompanied by an Official Photo Pass in the park must have an official paper photo band attached to it.
- Non-Professional/Personal Use Radios or Walkie-Talkies
The following items are NOT ALLOWED* at Lollapalooza:
- Weapons of Any Kind, including Fireworks or Explosives of Any Kind
- Illegal or Illicit Substances of Any Kind
- Large Framed Backpacks (Hiking Backpacks, etc.)
- Glass Containers and Metal Aerosol Cans, including Sunscreen in Aerosol Cans.
- Outside Food or Drinks (including Alcohol), except Two Factory-Sealed Water Bottles (up to 1 Liter each)
- Skateboards, Scooters or Personal Motorized Vehicles
- Bicycles Inside Festival Grounds
- Carts, Tents & Chairs of Any Kind
- Hard-Sided Coolers
- Pets (except Service Dogs)
- Professional Recording (Photo, Video, Audio) Equipment (NO Large Professional Detachable Zoom Lenses, Tripods or Other Commercial Equipment
- Detachable zoom lenses, telephoto lenses and other professional equipment like tripods, monopods, stools, stands, sticks, etc. are NOT allowed UNLESS accompanied by a Photo wristband
- Professional/Non-Personal Use Radios or Walkie-Talkies
- GoPro attachments like sticks, selfie sticks & monopods.
- No Unauthorized/Unlicensed Vendors Allowed. No Unauthorized Solicitations, Handbills, Sampling, Give-Aways, etc.
*SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Lollapalooza is open to ALL music lovers! The Lollapalooza Access Program includes accessible toilets, wheelchair accessible routes, designated ASL interpreted musical acts and more. View an overview of the Program or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Safety & Medical
We make every effort to create a safe environment on the festival grounds, including public and private security and medical staff throughout Grant Park. If you need any assistance, seek out the medical tent, or look for a peace officer or festival staff member.
If you have a specific question regarding safety, security or medical information, please contact a Lollapalooza representative at email@example.com.
The application to volunteer at Lollapalooza has closed, as we have received enough quality applications to fulfill the available positions. Check back next spring for the 2015 Application.
If you already submitted your volunteer application, thank you! Please be patient as we review all applications. Remember that you can always check your status at www.myvolunteerpage.com. If you have not heard from us by mid-July, it is unlikely that you will be placed this year.
Questions? Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I Have To Register My Wristband?
It is mandatory to register your wristband for Lollapalooza. Wristband registration ensures a smooth process when entering the festival each day and makes sure that your investment remains yours.
Whether you choose to join the Lolla Cashless party or not, you will definitely want to register your wristband. Equipped with RFID technology, each wristband will be personalized to YOU! But only after you register your wristband!
Taking this simple action will secure your investment and make sure the unique ID associated with your wristband is tied to the right person. In the event you encounter any issues as you enter or exit the festival grounds, registered passholders will receive quicker assistance.
Visit lollapalooza.com/cashless to sign up today.
We now offer 100% Ticket Protection in the event that you cannot attend the festival for a valid, documented reason. The cost is 6% of the ticket price and can be added to your order during the purchase process. For additional information on ticket protection, please contact Front Gate Tickets at http://support.frontgatetickets.com or call (888) 512-SHOW.
How Do I Upgrade My VIP Pass to Platinum?To upgrade from VIP to Platinum, please contact a personal concierge at 888-519-0382 or email email@example.com.
Official Wristband Policy
- All wristbands will be mailed, no hard tickets or PrintPasses will be available this year.
- All sales are FINAL – no refunds and no exchanges.
- Only wristbands purchased through Front Gate Tickets are valid. If you purchased from an unauthorized source and/or the ticket is counterfeit, you will not be allowed entry.
- Wristbands MUST be worn on the right wrist for entry into the Festival.
- Wristbands MUST be worn securely on the right wrist so they cannot be slipped on and off.
- Wristbands must be scanned upon exit at the gate in order to re-enter that same day, maximum of 5 ins & outs/day.
- Wristbands are NON-TRANSFERABLE and NON-EXCHANGEABLE.
- Do NOT remove, stretch or tamper with your wristband in any way or you will not be allowed entry.
- Subsequent and/or multiple presentations of a counterfeited wristband are VOID and will be confiscated by security.
- If your wristband is removed by Festival security/event staff for any reason, it WILL NOT be replaced.
- All passholders must pass through security and bags are subject to inspection. Prohibited items will be confiscated.
- The festival takes place rain or shine.
- THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS WRISTBAND POLICY.
Question About An Order Already Placed
If you've already purchased your 3-Day or 1-Day Pass and need to change your shipping address, want to know the status of your order or have a general question about your order, please contact our official ticket provider, Front Gate Tickets via http://support.frontgatetickets.com or call 888.512.SHOW (7469).
Box Office Location & Hours
Stay tuned for updated Box Office location + hours.
Wristband Shipment Info
Wristbands will ship 2-4 weeks prior to the Festival.
If you have not received your wristband(s) 72 hours prior to this date, please contact our ticket provider, Front Gate Tickets, at http://support.frontgatetickets.com or call 888.512.SHOW (7469).
Update or Change Your Order
Refunds and/or exchanges are not allowed after a ticket is purchased.
If you have additional questions about your order, please contact our ticket provider, Front Gate Tickets at http://support.frontgatetickets.com or call 888.512.SHOW (7469).
Service Charges or Hidden Fees
There are no hidden fees or service charges on Lollapalooza Passes.
The price you see is the price you get. No surprises. No lie.
Craigslist, StubHub & Scalping
Every year, some of our fans think that buying a wristband via Craigslist, StubHub, or any broker site will save them some cash and allow them to access the festival. Unfortunately, many of these are either already used or are counterfeits. Once a wristband has changed hands from its original owner, there is nothing we can do to remedy any issues.
If you want 100% confidence, you must purchase your Passes at lollapalooza.com/tickets every single time.
Often times, fans will try to sell their wristbands to others if they cannot attend a certain day. Unfortunately, the removing of a wristband automatically voids it. Our security team will ensure that every wristband has not been tampered with. If caught, you will be escorted away from the festival grounds.
Lost or Stolen Wristband
If your wristband has been lost or stolen, please contact our ticket provider, Front Gate Tickets at http://support.frontgatetickets.com or call 888.512.SHOW (7469) in advance of the festival.
Exiting & Re-Entering The Festival
You will be allowed to exit & re-enter the festival gates. Wristbands must be scanned upon exit at the gate in order to re-enter that same day. There is a set maximum of 5 ins & outs per day.
Children at Lollapalooza
Children 10 years-old and younger will be admitted free of charge with a pass-holding adult.
Collectible Credential Info
A Collectible Credential is a special keepsake in addition to your wristband. For $7, you can add a cool, 3D keepsake to your order. The Collectible Credential is a lanyard that can be worn around your neck during the festival.
Lollapalooza is a rain or shine event.
Ticket is for Lollapalooza Festival, not for a specific artist. Artists and schedule subject to change without notice. Artist cancellation is not grounds for refund. The ticket is a revocable license for the time/date listed on the ticket.
“Management” means Caring & Daring, LLC, Lollapalooza, LLC, C3 Presents, LLC, and their affiliates. Management reserves the right without the refund of any portion of the ticket purchase price, to refuse admission or to eject any person who fails to comply with the rules of the venue, local, state or federal law or whose conduct is deemed illegal, disorderly, or offensive by Management. Persons entering the facility are subject to search for contraband. Ticket user bears all risks of personal injury incidental to the event, whether occurring before, during or after the event. Ticket user bears all risks, including cancellation of the event and of inclement weather. The resale or attempted resale of the ticket for a price higher than that appearing on the ticket is prohibited and if discovered will result in the ticket being voided without refund. The ticket may not be used for advertising promotion (including contests and sweepstakes), or other trade purposes without the express written consent of Management. Ticket user consents to Management’s use of their image or likeness incidental to any video display, transmission, or recording of the event.
Contact A Lollapalooza Representative
If we did not answer one of your questions here, you can contact an actual human at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We receive a large number of e-mails each day, please be patient and we will respond to your e-mail as soon as possible, in the order it is received.