This ain’t your grandma’s music news. These updates come courtesy of the oft weird, funny haps (and sometimes mishaps) of Lolla’s recent alums.
- 2 Chainz Writes a Cookbook. Little did we know that 2 Chainz was chefing up more than just rhymes in the studio during 2013. The rapper formerly known as Tity Boi, delivered his #MEALTIME cookbook – a digital collection of southern comfort food recipes, with a moderately healthy twist – along with his critically acclaimed album “B.O.A.T.S. II: ME Time.” What we like most about this is Chainz’ versatility. What will he cook up next?
- Tegan and Sara Collabo with the Lonely Island. The sweet alt-pop duo Tegan and Sara has teamed up with The Lonely Island to drop this gem of a song for the recently released Lego Movie. And some awesome YouTuber (way to go Lego Girl!!!) thought to create a lyric video out of it. #Winning!
- Miley Cyrus Strips…. Again. Every time we see you, Miley, you’re going so H.A.M. And just in case you were wondering… WE LOVE IT!!!! GQ just asked Alt-J drummer, Thom Greene for his opinion on Miley’s use of the band’s song, “Fitzpleasure” during her controversial, Bangerz Tour. Apparently, she uses the song during a scantily clad pseudo-striptease of some sort . Greene had little to say beyond the fact that he was wowed by Miley’s use of his band’s song.
- Avicii’s Most Frivolous Purchase. His real name is Tim Bergling; he’s 24 years old and cites his $1500 laser pointer as the most frivolous purchase he’s ever made.
- Jack White peddles candy bars. What you didn’t know about the Grammys: your favorite artist does not emerge from a sarcophagus to attend. This photo shared on Jack White’s Instagram page – with the caption: “Are you sure the Grammys are tonight?” – was of him settling a dispute between two young salesman near LAX. NME quotes White as saying: “Free business advice to youngsters is part of every American’s debt to society.”
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Drummer Chad Smith Vs. His Doppelgänger, Will Ferrell – Ferrell and Smith quipped back and forth about their similar looks recently, ultimately challenging each other (and mutually accepting the challenge) to a drums-vs-cowbell… off. We don’t know who struck first – as there is no telling these two apart – but we do know that they’ve both agreed to the goal of raising $300,000 for a cancer related charity.