Lollapalooza 2010 was not only a great year, it was a GREEN year! Over the course of the weekend, thousands of music fans filled up over 100 acres and committed to keeping Grant Park clean. Because of YOU Lollapalooza continues to be one of the most environmentally friendly festivals in the entire world. Check out the fun facts below to see what you helped make!
- Active Transportation Alliance bike valet checked 2,400 bikes – congratulations to Anna Kasicky for winning a bike at the ATA booth in Lolla Cares!
- 3,000 Lolla fans participated in our Rock & Recycle program, which equates to 3,000 bags filled with recyclables. And congratulations to Alex Zorne, who was another happy winner of a new bike.
- Patrons and staff poured enough water to fill 204,200 bottles at the Event Water Solutions water stations
- Lolla fans purchased 2,011 fan tags at Lollapalooza this year. The same environmental impact as not driving a car almost 892,000 miles, the annual carbon absorbed by more than 1,200 trees, recycling almost 2 million aluminum cans, recycling over 320,000 pounds of newspaper.
- 313 people registered to vote for the midterm election
- 134 cheek swabs collected to find bone marrow matches for cancer patients through Love. Hope. Strength.
- 115 new library cards and 150 newsletter memberships for the Chicago Public Library
- Coco Loco will plant 287 trees thanks to their sales in the Art Market
- Through t-shirt and HOPE album sales, HOPE Campaign raised funds for the HOPE for America Project, HOPE Farmers Market, HOPE for Haiti (bringing clean drinking water to the people of Haiti), and HOPE for the Gulf clean-up efforts.
Thanks to YOU Grant Park remains a green, clean & beautiful place to host the biggest outdoor party of the year. Check back next year for more information on 2011 Greening initiatives!